Friday, October 29, 2010

Chocolate Cinnamon Kisses

After having a long week of baking everything from my Donna Hay recipe's I decided it was time to stray back to my normal sweet tooth goodies. This one from a chocolate bought for me from the lovely girls at work for my Birthday!! 


The recipe is pretty easy to follow, I had a minor disaster when piping my biscuits, my bag split and I had to empty all the contents and use a different bag which was very VERY messy. Plus the baking time in my minute oven was much less than the recipe stated, but perhaps that's because as per usual I got a little over excited and missed the step where you are supposed to put the biscuits in the fridge for 20 minutes!! Ho hum, didn't do them any harm, only cooked them quicker.

The Recipe - Cinnamon Chocolate Kisses
250g unsalted butter, softened
85g icing sugar
155g plain flour
40g cornflour
30g unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
for the chocolate ganache
80ml (whipping) cream
120g dark chocolate, finely chopped

The Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking powder.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl using electric beaters until pale and fluffy.
  3. Sift in the flour, cornflour, cocoa and cinnamon and beat until just combined. Spoon the mixture into a pipping bag fitted with 1cm nozzle. Pipe 3cm stars, about 2cm apart onto the papered trays. Place the trays in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
  4. Bake swapping the trays halfway through cooking for 20 minutes, or until just cooked through. Allow the biscuits to cool on the trays.
  5. Meanwhile make the chocolate ganache, heat the cream in a small saucepan until almost simmering.
  6. Place the chocolate in a heat proof bowl and pour onto the hot cream. Stand for 1 minute and then stir until the chocolate has melted. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the ganache is a thick spreadable consistency.
  7. Spread the base of half of the base of the biscuits and sandwich together with the remaining biscuits.
  8. These kisses will keep, stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment