Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Trying to be Sugar Free - Honey Sweetened Rhubarb Muffins

I am trying to make myself uber healthy and give sugar the boot for 80% of my week. I almost can't bring myself to write that with all the fantastically amazing sweet things out there to bake, but it must be done. Sugar puts stress on your body and so if I can save myself to special occasions then thats progress in my eye's. Below if the first attempted recipe which is sweetened naturally and it turned out pretty nice, although they should be eaten on the day as they get a bit wet from the rhubarb.


The Recipe - Honey Sweetened Rhubarb Muffins
250g honey
100ml low fat yogurt
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
2 cups flour
1 cup oat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
340g rhubarb

The Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C, grease and line a muffin pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine honey, yogurt, butter, vanilla, egg and milk in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
  3. In a separate bowl whisk flours, salt, baking soda and powder together.
  4. Add the dry mix to the honey mix and stir until just combined. Fold in the rhubarb
  5. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then turn out to a wire rack
I found this at: www.grouprecipes.com/116616/honey---rhubarb-muffins.html

No comments:

Post a Comment